Re: How to store chinese using the Postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: How to store chinese using the Postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 27 Oct 2032 at 0:24, Timothy Chan wrote:

> Hi
>  i would like to use postgresql to store any data (some include chinese),
> but when i access the chinese data inpostgresql, i can't get back correct
> data, it return any unknow word/data to me.
> How can i solve it? i am using the RedHat Linux 7.2 and Postgresql 7.1, and i
> haven't install CLE on Linux.

You might have done this but just confirrming, did you use initdb -E to enable
proper locale?

ByeShridhar

--
"I would rather spend 10 hours reading someone else's source code than10
minutes listening to Musak waiting for technical support which isn't."(By Dr.