Re: MySQL vs PostgreSQL. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: MySQL vs PostgreSQL.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 09:20, Antti Haapala wrote:
> >
> > Check out:
> >
> >   http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/MySQL-PostgreSQL_features.html
> >
> > MySQL AB compares MySQL with PostgreSQL.
>
> I wouldn't look too far into these at all.  I've tried to get
> ' " as identifier quote (ANSI SQL) ' corrected on the crash-me pages for
> us a couple of times (they say we don't support it for some reason).

It's once again the typical MySQL propaganda. As usual they compare a
future version of MySQL against an old release of PostgreSQL. And they
just compare on buzzword level.
Do their foreign keys have referential actions and deferrability? Is log
based master slave replication all there can be?

And surely do we have something that compares to *their* roadmap. That
they cannot find it is because it's named HISTORY.

Jan