Re: data replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: data replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Yuri,

There are a couple of approaches in existence already:

Free/Open Source
++++++++++++++++

PostgreSQL Replicator
http://pgreplicator.sourceforge.net

Usogres
http://usogres.good-day.net

The pgreplication Project
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgreplication/projdisplay.php

Commercial
++++++++++

eRserver
http://www.pgsql.com

Of these, the eRserver approach works well (have been doing stuff with
it recently in master to multi-slave async configurations), and the
pgreplication project should have some interesting stuff ready for
testing pretty soon.

Hope that helps.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Gyorgy Molnar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if it's possible to create a slave server where the data is
> continuously replicated?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Yuri

   - Indira Gandhi