Re: [GENERAL] arrays - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: [GENERAL] arrays
Date
Re: [GENERAL] arrays  ("Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-sql
On 30 Sep 2002 at 8:54, Josh Berkus wrote:

> As such, I'd reccommend one of two approaches for you:
>
> 1) Post some of your schema ideas here, and let us show you how they
> are better done relationally.   The relational data model has 30 years
> of thought behind it -- it can solve a lot of problems.

Mike,

Just in case you or others think Josh is some crazed lunatic[1] who
doesn't know what he's talking about, I support his views on this
topic.  Avoid arrays.  Normalize your data.

[1] - Actually, I don't think I know anything about Josh, except that
he's right about normalizing your data.
--
Dan Langille
I'm looking for a computer job: