Re: Administrator issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Murali Mohan Kasetty
Subject Re: Administrator issue
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Sridhar,

     The 3rd Server has no users, the only user is Administrator (I think it
comes by default).
So, I just started the server and tried to dump the data then I got the error
message as I said in my previous mail.

Please let me know if you have any pointers.

Thanks,
Murali

Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> On 25 Sep 2002 at 11:31, Murali Mohan Kasetty wrote:
>
> > Hi ,
> >
> >    I'm trying to dump the data form one postgreySQL 7.1.3 server to
> > another postgreySQL 7.1.3 server.
> > I have used  pg_dumpall command to dump the data, I'm able to dump the
> > data in the second server successfully.
> > However, when I try to dump the same data in 3rd postgreySQL 7.1.3 , the
> > dump is failed and I get the following error message.
> >
> > You are now connected to database template1.
> > DELETE 0
> > DELETE 0
> > \connect: FATAL 1:  user "administrator" does not exist
>
> Looks like you are different OS users on the third machine. Try using psql -u
> and specify appropriate uername/password..
>
> HTH
>
> Bye
>  Shridhar
>
> --
> share, n.:      To give in, endure humiliation.

Attachment