Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jra@dp.samba.org
Subject Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

In order to clarify things, how about we do a formal vote with specific
details like this:

*******

Are you for...

- pg_xlog directory changeable at all, not using symlinks?

Yes/No

- a PGXLOG environment variable to do this?

Yes/No

- a -X command line option to do this?

Yes/No

- a GUC (postgresql.conf) option to do this?

Yes/No

- altering the format of the pg_xlog directory so that it
can't be used with the wrong database instance?

Yes/No

*******

Does this seem reasonable?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi