Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Nigel J. Andrews" wrote:
<snip>
> However, how is that going to work if tablespaces are introduced in 7.4. Surely
> the same mechanism for tablespaces would be used for pg_xlog. As the tablespace
> mechanism hasn't been determined yet, as far as I know, wouldn't it be best to
> see what happens there before creating the TODO item for the log?

It's a Yes from me of course.

Would a TODO list entry of something like "Add a GUC xlog_path variable"
be broad enough that
people keep it in mind when tablespaces are created, but it doesn't get
forgotten about
by not being on the list?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,