Re: RI Trigger Names - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: RI Trigger Names
Date
List pgsql-general
Ian Harding wrote:

> I am wondering if there is a TODO to make the names for RI constraints incorporate the name of the constraint they
implementto make it easier for humans to see what is going on.  Something like

> RI_myconstraintname_Trigger
>
> instead of
>
> RI_ConstraintTrigger_111633344.

Doesn't strike me as a good idea, since it'd imply a different
max length of constraint names than NAMEDATALEN.

Jan

> I looked in the TODO list and only found these:
>
> -Make foreign key constraints clearer in dump file
> -Make other constraints clearer in dump file
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ian

# It's easier to get forgiveness for being wrong than for being
right. #
# Let's break this rule - forgive
me.                                  #
JanWieck@Yahoo.com #