Re: Script to compute random page cost - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Script to compute random page cost
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>

> Hm, it appears we've both been working on something similar. However,
> I've just released version 0.2 of randread, which has the following
> features:

funny how often that happens...( I think its often worth the effort to
write your own benchmarking / measurement tool in order to gain an good
understanding of what you intend to measure)
>Anyway, feel free to download and play. If you want to work on the>program, I'm happy to give developer access on
sourceforge.>>  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=55994

I'll take a look.

best wishes

Mark