Re: OOP real life example (was Re: Why is MySQL more - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: OOP real life example (was Re: Why is MySQL more
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Copeland wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 00:16, Curt Sampson wrote:
>
>>I will revise my opinion the instant someone shows me something that I
>>can't do relationally, or is easy to implement with inheritance, and
>>difficult with relational methods.

The traditional view approach requires unnecessary joins, and there's no
getting around it.

And yes I know he's not reading my mail and no, don't bother repeating
this to him, he'll just continue to ignore the point.

--
Don Baccus
Portland, OR