Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mark Kirkwood
Subject Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I just spent some of the morning helping a customer build Pg 7.2.1 from
source in order to get Linux largefile support in pg_dump etc. They
possibly would have kept using the binary RPMs if they had this feature.

This got me to wondering why the Redhat/Mandrake...etc binary RPMS are
built without it.

Would including default largefile support in Linux RPMs be a good idea ?

(I am presuming that such RPMs are built by the Pg community and
"supplied" to the various distros... apologies if I have this all wrong...)

Cheers

Mark