Performance tuning... - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Carol Walter
Subject Performance tuning...
Date
Re: Performance tuning...  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: Performance tuning...  (Tino Schwarze <postgresql@tisc.de>)
List pgsql-admin
Greetings and Salutations...

This has probably been discussed a number of times, but I really need
your help.  I am upgrading from 8.1 to 8.2.  Right now I have the
restore of the database to the new version running.  It has been
running since December 21, at 4:30 PM.  I'm in a University
environment and we're in the midst of winter break, so there is very
little processing going on on my systems.  This is actually a test
run of the upgrade.  I thought I would be able to do the test and
live during the break but as slow as this thing is going, I may be
lucky just to finish the test.  This brings me to my question.  Is
there any performance tuning I can do to make this think run faster?
This is a Sun box running Solaris 10.

Carol