Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src include/utils/timestamp.h bac ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src include/utils/timestamp.h bac ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Thomas can correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe these changes apply
> to the new integer datetime code Thomas wrote earlier in the 7.3
> development cycle -- i.e. there's no bug present in 7.2, or earlier CVS
> code when compiled without --enable-integer-datetimes.

Actually, it is probably an issue for the earlier stuff too, but the
integer value reading seems to have different sensitivities to really
long strings which is the symptom that was noticed just recently.

The same technique for guarding would work fine for 7.2 also.
                  - Thomas