Re: contrib/dblink suggestion - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: contrib/dblink suggestion
Date
List pgsql-sql
Bhuvan A wrote:
> I am using postgresql 7.2.1.
> I badly require to interconnect between databases. contrib/dblink seems to
> be handy and ofcourse it well suits my requirement. But while browsing
> across, i heard that it is not advicable to use it. So i wish to know
> someone's experience in using dblink and how handy it is.
>
> Will contrib/dblink be available with future postgresql releases? Valuable
> suggestions are very welcome.

I've heard of at least two people who seem to be using dblink fairly
heavily without problems. One recently reported something like 500
million records transferred without error. I use it myself, but not in
what I'd call heavy use.

If you are aware of any specific problems, please point me to them, and
I'll fix them before the next release.

Thanks,

Joe