Re: TPC-* Benchmarks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: TPC-* Benchmarks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Paul,

You might want to take at look at the Open Source Database Benchmark
project:

http://www.sf.net/projects/osdb

This is an implementation (by Andy Riebs from Compaq) of the AS3AP
database benchmark, and works with PostgreSQL, MySQL, and one other
database too from memory.  You're probably best off to get the latest
version from CVS as there have been a few good enhancements since the
latest code snapshot.

If you need any further help, please let me know.  There is a PostgreSQL
Advocacy and Marketing site which will come online over time
(http://advocacy.postgresql.org), and if you have suggestions regarding
the publishing of benchmarks, this is probably the place they will be
implemented.

Hope this helps.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Have any organizations run TPC benchmarks against PostgreSQL other than
> the old and much maligned GreatBridge benchmark? It is unfortunate that
> there are not any moderately standard benchmarks available regarding
> PostgreSQL. I do not need to say "PgSQL is better than X", but it would
> be nice to at least say "it has been tested at load level X and works
> fine". Failing that, all we have is anecdotes and conjecture. :/
>
> --
>       __
>      /
>      | Paul Ramsey
>      | Refractions Research
>      | Email: pramsey@refractions.net
>      | Phone: (250) 885-0632
>      \_

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi