Re: [HACKERS] threads stuff/UnixWare - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: [HACKERS] threads stuff/UnixWare
Date
List pgsql-patches

--On Thursday, May 13, 2004 19:06:15 -0400 Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> Larry Rosenman wrote:
>> > Really?  You are configuring with --enable-thread-safety?  I just
>> > updated your template in CVS, and it is attached.  However, any old CVS
>> > should work fine.
>> Nope, initdb is where we still die:
>
> Patch applied:
>
> Force thread flags for all Unixware builds if threading is requested.
>
> This is required because once you link with a library that uses threads,
> all references to that library have to use thread flags.

I manually added that patch, and re-did configure, et al from a gmake
maintainer-clean, and we still die at initdb:

cc -O -Kinline initdb.o exec.o -L../../../src/interfaces/libpq -lpq
-L../../../src/port -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-R/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lz
-lreadline -ltermcap -lresolv -lgen -lld -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lm  -lpgport
-o initdb
symbol                              in file
pthread_mutex_unlock                libpq.so
pthread_getspecific                 libpq.so
pthread_mutex_lock                  libpq.so
pthread_key_create                  libpq.so
pthread_once                        libpq.so
pthread_setspecific                 libpq.so
UX:ld: ERROR: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to initdb
gmake[3]: *** [initdb] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ler/pg-dev/pgsql-server/src/bin/initdb'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ler/pg-dev/pgsql-server/src/bin'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ler/pg-dev/pgsql-server/src'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
[1] +  Done(2)                 gmake >gmake.out 2>&1 &
$

Attachment