Re: transfer data from oracle to postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: transfer data from oracle to postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Sarah,

These is some information about converting from Oracle to PostgreSQL
here:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/

On the front page there is a section called "Converting from other
Databases to PostgreSQL" and there is information there about converting
from Oracle to PostgreSQL.

Under the category of "Non-specific", there is a link to a conversion
guide by the pgAdmin development team which might also prove to be
useful (not sure).

Hope that helps.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

s wrote:

> Is there an easy way to transfer DATA from an oracle database to a
> postgres database (tables are already created)?  As far as I can tell
> the oracle export creates a binary file.  I could write a script, but
> it would be a bit tedious.  I imagine it has already been done?
>
> I searched the archives and docs and the web, but the archives are
> coming up quite right on my browser and I didn't find any good
> suggestions.
>
> thanks,
>
> Sarah
> smarie@ekno.com

> Lonely Planet's ekno - more than a phonecard
> Get ekno before you go!
> http://www.ekno.lonelyplanet.com

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

   - Indira Gandhi