Re: Some Solaris notes, and an invitation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kurt at iadvance
Subject Re: Some Solaris notes, and an invitation
Date
Re: Some Solaris notes, and an invitation  (Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info>)
List pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have on loan to me a Sun StorEdge A5200.
> but every time I've done any tests
> with that, my results have been pretty inconclusive.  Any suggestions
> are welcome.

Hi,

Are there any actual times you can provide on operations on
some big tables (if you have any of around 10-100 Gb say) - just
'select count(*)' kind of stuff, maybe a 'select *' where its doing a
sequential scan?

We're using commodity hardware - AMD XP's - and wonder
how what kind performance you can get with the 'big iron'.

Cheers, Kurt.