Re: What is wrong with hashed index usage? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: What is wrong with hashed index usage?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> So, is you vote for or against the elog(NOTICE)?

OK, if we are still voting, then I'll mention that I generally dislike
the idea of notices of this kind. And would not like this notice in
particular. So would vote no with both hands ;)

I'm pretty sure that we have a consensus policy (hmm, at least if a
consensus consists of repeated votes on one question or the other) that
notices to protect people from doing what they ask the system to do are
not generally desirable.

Putting messages in as a spur to development is not particularly
effective; witness a few chapters in the docs which consist of "This
needs to be written. Any volunteers?" and which have stayed untouched
for three years now ;)
                    - Thomas