Re: Chinese GB18030 support is implemented! - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bill Huang
Subject Re: Chinese GB18030 support is implemented!
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

>>Hello,
>>
>>As postgresql is widely used in the world,many Chinese users are looking
>>forward to use such a high performanced database management
>>system.However since the Chinese new codepage standard GB18030 is not
>>completely supported,postgresql is limitted to be used in China.
>>
>>Now I have managed to implement the GB18030 support upon the latest
>>version,so the following functions are added after the patches are added.
>>
>>-Chinese GB18030 encoding is available on front-end side,while on
>>backend side,EUC_CN or MIC is used.
>>-Encoding convertion between MIC and GB18030 is implement.
>>-GB18030 locale support is available on front-end side.
>>-GB18030 locale test is added.
>>
>>Any help for testing with these patches and sugguestions for GB18030
>>support are greatly appreciated.
>>

>In your patches I found conversion functions between UTF-8 and GB18030
>using the same mapping for EUC_CN. I don't know the details of GB18030
>but I could guess that the mapping for EUC_CN might not work with
>GB18030. If so, what do you intend to add these function?
>--
>Tatsuo Ishii

Actually the conversion between UTF8 and GB18030 is not implemented yet
this time.It will be added soon.
However the conversion between GB18030 and MIC and GB18030 support on
odbc client support are implemented already.

--
Bill Huang           (81)-3-3257-0417
Red Hat K.K.         http://www.jp.redhat.com