Re: a couple of minor itches: RI Trigger Names, and - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: a couple of minor itches: RI Trigger Names, and
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I would rather not re-invent work that someone else has already and has
> committed to the tree.  Joe did a nice job, so I'd rather apply his work
> to my older tree if I could.  Looks like it will be too much trouble, so
> I'll manually update the system catalogs for now, and patiently wait for
> 7.3 :)

Thanks!

I took a quick look at back-patching the REL7_2_STABLE branch, but quite
a bit has changed since then -- sorry :(

If you do undertake this yourself, please note that Tom Lane cleaned up
a few things after my patch was committed -- so you'll want his final
version of the renametrig() function, which is now in
~/src/backend/commands/trigger.c.

In the meantime, manually updating the system catalogs to rename a
trigger should work fine, as long as you restart your backends -- see
Tom's email (if you haven't already) for more detail:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-04/msg01091.php

Joe