Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I  don't  really  get it. We had a voting and I think I saw a
> clear enough result with #1, transactional behaviour, as  the
> winner.    Maybe   I   missed   something,  but  what's  this
> disscussion about?

Getting the right solution ;)

There was not a consensus, just a vote, and the *reasons* for the lack
of consensus were not yet being addressed. They are now (or some are
anyway), and the new proposal helped set that in motion.

I would think that a vote in the absence of consensus is not always
optimal (I'll leave aside stating my view on this case ;), but it has
helped focus the discussion. It is always amazing to me how threads
emerge which bring a consensus when there wasn't even one on the
horizon.
                   - Thomas