Re: intel vs amd benchmark for pg server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From P.J. \"Josh\" Rovero
Subject Re: intel vs amd benchmark for pg server
Date
List pgsql-general
A fairer test would be to equip the machines with equivalent
disk (rpms and number) and RAM (amount and speed) configurations.

SiS motherboards, particularly with on-board video, tend
to be lower performance than boards with separate AGP/PCI
video.

postgres@vrane.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to upgrade my production pg server from a machine with
> following specs
>     celeron 900MHz, intel 810 motherboard, 512MB
>     pc 133 sdram memory,
>     PGDATA is on 2 ide 7200rpm drives under software raid 1,
>     linux kernel 2.4.18
.
.
.

--
P. J. "Josh" Rovero                                 Sonalysts, Inc.
Email: rovero@sonalysts.com    www.sonalysts.com    215 Parkway North