Re: Database mirroring - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rommel B. Abaya
Subject Re: Database mirroring
Date
List pgsql-admin
Yes,

It's replication which is what i'm talking about

Jules Alberts wrote:

On 18 Apr 2002 at 15:40, Rommel B. Abaya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find out if database mirroring could be done with
> PostgreSQL. What i mean is that when my applications
> insert/delete/update records in my production server, it will also
> insert/delete/update the same in my development server such that my
> production server and development server always contain the same data.
> Is this possible with PostgreSQL ?
>
> -- I'm using PostgreSQL version 7.2

I think the keyword you want to look for is replication. AFAIK this
isn't officialy a part of 7.2, but somewhere in the contribs.

--
Jules Alberts

Most people are willing to adapt
not because they see the light