Re: Index Scans become Seq Scans after VACUUM ANALYSE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Index Scans become Seq Scans after VACUUM ANALYSE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Weighing these factors, perhaps once we get one or two complaining about
> postgresql using an index vs 20 complaining about not using an index, then
> the optimizer values have reached a good compromise :). But maybe the ratio
> should be 1 vs 100?

:)

So we should work on collecting those statistics, rather than statistics
on data. What do you think Tom; should we work on a "mailing list based
planner" which adjusts numbers from, say, a web site? That is just too
funny :)))
                  - Thomas