Re: What's the CURRENT schema ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: What's the CURRENT schema ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fernando Nasser wrote:

> Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> >
> > Fernando Nasser wrote:
> > >
> > > As most things in the SQL standard, you have to collect information
> > > from several places and add it together.
> > >
> > > Look at 4.20, 11.1 and specially at the rules for
> > > <schema qualified name>.
> > >
> > > Then think a little bit about scenarios, trying to apply the rules.
> > >
> > > It is a pain, but there is no other way.
> >
> > I couldn't find the description CURRENT_SCHEMA == CURRENT_USER.
> > If I recognize SQL99 correctly, the CURRENT schema is the schema
> > defined in a <SQL-client module> not restricted to the CURRENT
> > user.
> >

> Yes,

OK I wasn't wrong at this point.

> but we don't have a "module" language.  You have to look for
> "session".

Do you mean PostgreSQL by the *we* ?
We have never been and would never be completely in
conformity to standard. If we don't have a "module"
language, does it mean we couldn't have any subsitute
for <SQL-client module> ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue