Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> FWIW, all the blacklists I use (and 510sg is only the first line of
> defense ;-)) have documentation available about the reasons for listing
> IP blocks.  F'r instance, looking up Thomas' IP I get:
> But this is getting pretty far off-topic for the PG lists.

I'll guess that the list of reasons for the blacklisting I find today is
different than the list I found a few months ago when this first came
up. What is relevant to me is that I absolutely cannot get my machine
removed from this blacklist, no matter what I do to secure that machine.
And that, istm, reduces the relevance of that particular blacklisting
strategy.

I was just using this as an example (I happen to send mail directly to
you so have run across it in this context).

I'm interested because spam has affected me in other contexts too, and
every time it takes time away from PostgreSQL.

We could sent up Yet Another List, say pgsql-spam-whiners, and I could
be a charter member, and maybe y'all would suggest I should also be on
pgsql-clueless-spam-whiners. But maybe it is better to have an
occasional discussion on topics that people find affecting their use of
the mailing list(s) ;)

I have to say that spam is bumming me out more now than it ever has in
the past. So let's hope that the blacklists *do* help somehow!
                   - Thomas