Re: BUG #8660: RPM installation of 9.2.6 have dependency problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeff Frost
Subject Re: BUG #8660: RPM installation of 9.2.6 have dependency problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mar 17, 2014, at 1:21 AM, Markus Nussdorfer =
<old.schepperhand@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>=20
> A Bit late to the Party but the problem still persists, with all the
> newer Packages including 9.3
>=20
> I know that the Problem is related to the different OpenSSL Packages
> between 6.4 and 6.5.
>=20
> Nevertheless due to 3rd Party dependencies with storage drivers and
> support issues we have to stick to 6.4 and are unable to upgrade to =
6.5
> or apply the packages from different RHEL versions.
>=20
> Maybe there is a way to build different RPM Packages for the different
> minor versions to be able to upgrade without an OS release update, as
> the yum repo has specific subdirs for each release version anyways.

I don't think we could keep up with all the minor revisions, but you can =
just download the SRPM and build it against whichever libraries you =
need.

That's why we supply the SRPMs.