Re: Archives / News gateway - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dmitry Tkach
Subject Re: Archives / News gateway
Date
List pgsql-general
I am sorry, if I am asking a stupid question. I am new to this mailing list,
just subscribed yesterday... I did not know about the news server being available
until I read this thread...
I'd really prefer to use a news reader over receiving e-mails, if possible...
So, I went to news.postgresql.org and subscribed to com.databases.postgres.general
(is it the right one?). Somehow, the messages I see there are COMPLETELY
DIFFERENT than what I received by mail (what's in mail is not in the news,
and what's in the news is not in the mail)...
Am I just looking at a wrong server/group? Or am I missing something else
here?

I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thank you very much!

Dima

Bruce Momjian wrote:

  John Gray wrote:

    Hi all,I've noticed, when using google to look through the newsgroup archives,that the news gateway still seems
unreliable.(I switched from news tomail a few months back for this reason). For example, I repliedyesterday to the
"orderby a XML column" message, and my reply came backto me (and is in the mail archives) but hasn't appeared in the
newsgroupversion(this is using a newsreader attached to news.postgresql.org - sothe google archive won't have it
either).Idon't know what (if anything) can be done about this -but if peopleare looking for answers on the newsgroups
theymay think we're beingunfriendly when they don't get an answer.

    Yes, I have seen the same thing.  Marc wants to know if it shows in atNNTP server news.postgresql.org.  I just
attachedto it and can seemessages, so please verify the missing messages against that server andreport back.  Thanks.