Subjective question: What is a good TPS for pgbench? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mlw
Subject Subjective question: What is a good TPS for pgbench?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I am recreating my development environent, and tuning my PostgreSQL system.

Here is the question:

OK, I am running pgbench against my new server. How do I know it is doing well
or not? I understand it is all subjective, but what sort of numbers are you
guys getting?

I have a dual PIII, 1G RAM, two disks one dedicated to /pg_xlog and system, one
to /base.

Using a benchmark with a scale of 100, I hover around a tps of 110 (106~114)
for 25,50, and 100 concurrent users. Now, is that good? What do you guys get?