Re: Issue installing doc tools on OSX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Florian Pflug
Subject Re: Issue installing doc tools on OSX
Date
Re: Issue installing doc tools on OSX  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Feb16, 2015, at 23:18 , Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 2/15/15 9:23 PM, David Steele wrote:
>>> That seems a bit incredible, since port should be able to resolve the
>>> dependencies by itself.  I suggest that this should be reported as a bug
>>> to MacPorts.
>>
>> Sure, that has been my experience, but the error message was very clear.
>> Unfortunately I did not capture the error before I changed the order
>> and the log file was removed on the next run.

I just tried this on OS X 10.9.5 running MacPorts 2.3.3 and a ports tree
as of a few minutes ago. The command

After uninstalling docbook, opensp and openjade, re-installing them with
 sudo port install docbook-dsssl docbook-sgml-4.2 docbook-xml-4.2 docbook-xsl libxslt openjade opensp

completed without a hitch. It even logged
 --->  Computing dependencies for openjade --->  Dependencies to be installed: opensp

BTW, why does the list of suggested packages include docbook-xml? I was
under the impression that postgres used only the SGML version of docbook.
And I previously only has the SGML version installed, and I'm pretty sure
that I was able to build the documentation successfully.

best regards,
Florian Pflug