Beating Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Bruce Badger
Subject Beating Oracle
Date
Re: Beating Oracle  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Beating Oracle  (Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>)
List pgsql-interfaces
I posted a question a while back but got no response :-(

Due to network glitch, a PostgreSQL connection over IP is being dropped.

In the same situation, Oracle can keep it's connections going.

Is there any way to keep PostgreSQL connections alive across glitches,
or perhaps re-connect to an existing backend connection?

I have people using a mix of PostgreSQL and Oracle at the moment.  I
suspect they will drop PostgreSQL if there is no answer to this issue.

BTW I am the author of the Smalltalk PostgreSQL library
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/st-postgresql)

Thanks.