Re: odbc version - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: odbc version
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Laurette Cisneros wrote:

> Then I am completely confused.  I thought that the pgsql driver does not
> support ODBC 3.0.  Isn't that installed with the Windows?  Isn't that a
> seperate package?  Don't I need to get a previous version of that?
>
> My understandnig is that there are several elements involved here:
>
> 1) Client program,
> 2) ODBC,
> 3) postgresql driver
>
> Which of these is what you indicated was ODBC 3.0?  Isn't it #2?

Yes. However the driver is a trial one and it seems dangerous
to replace the current driver. So I separated the ODBC 3.0
driver from the current driver. From ODBC POV they are
different drivers and you have to create new DSNs for the
trial driver and so on ...

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue