Re: 7.2 and current timestamp bug? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: 7.2 and current timestamp bug?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Another possibility is to allow date2j and j2date to pass/return double
> instead of int, but that is a larger change and probably not very safe
> to apply for 7.2.1.

Pretty sure that j2date() relies on integer math behaviors to work. But
I haven't looked at it in quite a while. And it probably isn't worth the
effort to change things around. Limiting the date range a little works
for me. Lots of DBs allow only four digit years...

> Thomas, your thoughts?

Hmm. Let's yell at Tatsuo for trying silly dates ;)
                  - Thomas