Re: Replication (sigh) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Replication (sigh)
Date
List pgsql-general
> I'd like to know what experiences you guys have with postgresql replication.
> How do USOgres, eRserver, Rserv and the like perform on a heavy loaded
> production system? How are all these little details (triggers, OIDs, etc.)
> handled? How much is the "commercial" eRserver version at all and what kind
> of advantages to the other solutions does it offer?

The version of eRserver provided by pgsql.com is available to some of
our support customers. Check with pgsql.com via email for details.

Some of our customers ask for direct support to put this into
production, and are usually interested in support on other topics at the
same time.

> I'm especially looking for uni- and/or bidirectional synchronous replication
> (a little bit like the mysql builtin one), for heavy loaded websites, where
> a quad xeon does not scale anymore..

afaik none of the solutions provide true *synchronous* replication. For
many applications that would increase the brittleness of the system and
it can be better to design a system which can scale via asyncronous
replication.

hth

                        - Thomas