Re: pg, mysql comparison with "group by" clause - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Anthony Molinaro
Subject Re: pg, mysql comparison with "group by" clause
Date
List pgsql-sql
Greg, You'll have to pardon me...
I saw this comment:

"I don't see why you think people stumble on this by accident.
I think it's actually an extremely common need."

Which, if referring to the ability to have items in the select that do
not
need to be included in the group, (excluding constants and the like)
is just silly.

OTOH, if you're all poking fun at a mysql bug that they try to pass
off as a feature, then yes, I'm a clod and I missed that the first time
around :)

Regards, Anthony