Re: contrib/pg_filedump - PostgreSQL File Dump Utility - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Patrick Macdonald
Subject Re: contrib/pg_filedump - PostgreSQL File Dump Utility
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:

> Patrick Macdonald <patrickm@redhat.com> writes:
> > Hmmm... I was under the impression that contributed code
> > that resides in the /contrib directory could be licensed
> > under GPL.
>
> We'd prefer BSD, though.  The existing contrib modules that are
> GPL-licensed snuck in there by virtue of people not paying attention.

Understood and from a Steering Committee perspective it makes
sense to attempt to have all code associated with the project
under one license.

However this contribution is part of another project, the Red Hat
Database Project, that uses GPL as its license.  All tools and
utilities that we are developing including the Administrator,
Browser and Visual Explain will be issued under GPL (where possible).

All work performed by the RHDB development team on PostgreSQL
proper falls under the existing PostgreSQL license(s).

Cheers,
Patrick
Patrick Macdonald
Red Hat Database