Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects
Date
Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
>
> > What I can find in SQL99 is SQL-path.
> > Does *the path*(i.e search path) mean SQL-path ?
> > They don't seem the same to me.
>
> While we may have not been using the terminology of the spec, I think we
> have been talking about schema paths from SQL99.
>
> One difference between our discussions and SQL99 I've noticed is that
> we've spoken of having the path find functions (and operators and
> aggregates), types, _and_tables_.

My understanding is the same.
Tom, Peter is it right ?

> SQL99 doesn't have tables in there
> AFAICT, but I think it makes sense.

It seems to make sense but they are different and
our *path* is never an extension of SQL-path.
Where are the difference or the relevance referred
to in this thread ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue