Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck wrote:

<snip>

>     As said, "simple read-only" is not really something you  want
>     a  full  featured  RDBMS for. Maybe you are better off with a
>     simple and stupid system on the  feature  level  of  gdbm  or
>     MySql.
>
> Jan

I'd agree with this on the query-level functionality... but...

Michael, does Qmail-SQL *store* the email in the database?  (haven't
checked)

If so, there's no way I'd want new customer inquiries or other
*important* email stored in a system which didn't know how to fully
recover if the server crashes.

Imagine... 200,000 customer emails in a busy MySQL 3.23.x database, and
the UPS power cuts off.

Erk...

+ Justin