Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> The above is the BSD license, the classic open-source license. It has no
> restrictions on how the source code may be used.  We like it and have no
> intention of changing it.

Much better.   I personally think that mentioning the historical
connection (i.e. code developed at Berkeley, released under BSD) would
help quelch the "why not change?" questions.  At least I think it makes
a simple answer to such questions.  If someone doesn't think that it is  important to respect the license under which
theearly developers

released their code, that's a clue that they're not clueful enough to
bother talking to, isn't it?

--
Don Baccus
Portland, OR