Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Don Baccus wrote:

> OpenACS is GPL'd ...

I should point out that we inherited GPL'd code, thus "which license"
isn't an issue.  If someone asks me why we don't use the BSD license I
have a very simple answer for them.

Which should be the case with PG.  The original authors released it
under the Berkely license and "which license" shouldn't be an issue.  I
still don't understand why more needs to be said.  If people are too
clueless to understand this, let them remain clueless and ignore them.

IMHO, that is.

--
Don Baccus
Portland, OR