PostgreSQL 8.0 and cross-platform capabilities - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject PostgreSQL 8.0 and cross-platform capabilities
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I'm thinking about how we don't really have native compatability for
Windows.

Apparently Apache has designed their own cross-platform compatibility
layer which other projects can use, so that most of the cross-platform
coding concerns are taken care of.

Has anyone out there taken a look at it?  Sometime in the future (that's
why I've written PostgreSQL 8.0), if that Apache cross-platform
compatibility layer is any good would the HACKERS consider us using it?

???

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi