Re: [ANNOUNCE] Commercial: New Book!! PostgreSQL book is - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Doug Royer
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Commercial: New Book!! PostgreSQL book is
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck wrote:

> Dear PostgreSQL community,
>
>     Most  of  the  longer  standing  members  of  the  PostgreSQL
>     developers or users communities know very  well  what  to  do
>     with  information provided by Al Dev (aka Alavoor Vasudevan).

Is all I did was visit his web site, and got a bill from
"billpoint@billpoint.com" for $25.98. I DID NOT order his book:

>  Subject: Billpoint Invoice for Item # , 1 , for $25.98
>     Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:02:14 -0800 (PST)
>     From: Billpoint System Notification <billpoint@billpoint.com>
>       To: Doug@royer.com

>  This is a Billpoint Invoice from alavoor@yahoo.com requesting
>  payment of $25.98 for "1" . To pay for this item, click on the
>  link below, or copy and paste it into your browser. (If the
>  link appears on multiple lines, you may need to copy each line
>  separately.)

>    Invoice Details
>    Seller:              alavoor@yahoo.com
>    Seller email:        alavoor@yahoo.com
>    Seller Message:      A Complete Guide to PostgreSQL.

When I called the WHOIS database phone number for billpoint,
the answering maching answered BILL - POINT, then I hit '0'
and E-BAY answered.
Attachment