Re: Very large database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Very large database
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Chris,

Chris Albertson wrote:

<snip>
> Solaris has very good RAID support built in.  I think better
> than Linux's.  Both OSes are free although Solaris 8 will be the
> last PC version.

Where did you hear that Solaris 8 will be the last PC version?  By "PC",
do you mean "Intel Platform" version?

???

I half downloaded the "Intel Platform" cd's for the Solaris 9 Early
Access program about a month ago, and now when I go to the Sun site the
rest are not available.

This makes me greatly concerned.  :(

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift