OT: anon CVS hassles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Colm McCartan
Subject OT: anon CVS hassles
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all,

When I try to do an anon cvs co I get the following:

cvs server: Updating pgsql/contrib/pgcrypto/expected
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for
`/projects/cvsroot/pgsql/contrib/pgcrypto/expected'
(/projects/cvsroot/pgsql/contrib/pgcrypto/expected/#cvs.lock):
Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`/projects/cvsroot/pgsql/contrib/pgcrypto/expected'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

I can see this in the archives a lot and it seems to reappear now and
then - what gives? Is this a permission thing on new directories?

Also, I really only want to check out the jdbc driver but find that this
is impossible, the entire codebase has to be co'd. Is there a good
reason for this? Having the jdbc source in a seperate tarball would
allow people to debug into the source from java. Perhaps a cvs module
entry for the sql tree?

Anyway, I believe the above error needs to be fixed on the server.

Cheers,
colm