Re: 7.2b3 pg_dump, general 7.2b3 comments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: 7.2b3 pg_dump, general 7.2b3 comments
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Perhaps "marginal value" is too lukewarm an assessment, at least for
> gcc users.  Comments?

Well, if I have problems on my production machine, and I post a question
here, the first thing I'll be asked for is a backtrace, preferably with
symbols, right ;-)

So ISTM, that if there is no penalty except (a relatively trivial amount
of) disk space with gcc, then that ought to be the preferred
configuration for gcc. The "value" for a production installation is
significant if it helps get a problem fixed faster.

-- Joe