Re: Support for QNX6, POSIX IPC and PTHREAD-style locking - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Support for QNX6, POSIX IPC and PTHREAD-style locking
Date
List pgsql-patches
> At this point, I suggest core developers will ask me when/if they feel like
> they want another submission from me.
> Merry X-mas & happy new year everyone.

:))

I've followed this thread mostly after the fact, after perhaps
contributing to Igor's hopes that this might get into 7.2. I think that
pushing this off to 7.3 (or *perhaps* 7.2.1 for QNX6-only changes) is
the Right Thing.

We are *always* interested in patches, but actually applying them during
final betas is not a good thing in general. Participating during the
development cycle is welcome, and the Posix semaphores are likely to
pique several people's interest. Jump in again a few weeks after 7.2 is
released.

                     - Thomas