installing pgtclu - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fran Fabrizio
Subject installing pgtclu
Date
Re: installing pgtclu  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
I hate to ask such a lame question but I've got an error I just can't
solve.

[postgres@yojo postgresql-7.1.3]$ createlang pltclu monitoring
ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pltcl.so failed: libtcl8.3.so:
createlang: language installation failed

tcl is installed and working.  I've set every environment variable I can
think of.  The tcl libraries are installed into /usr/local/lib and were
compiled as shard libraries.  Why can't createlang find libtcl8.3.so?
I've been searching newsgroup archives for an hour and surprisingly
can't find the answer to this one.

Thanks,
Fran