Re: Open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Open items
Date
Re: Open items
List pgsql-hackers
> * Something needs to be done about the expected file for the geometry
> test.  The standard file used to work on my system ever since I can
> remember, but now something's changed (not my system).

I'll guess that the reference system has changed. I can't freeze my OS
at some 1996 (or 2000) vintage version to guarantee that results never
change. I went the last year or two with that geometry test failing for
me. I'm not sure what results I'd get with the latest glibc, but once I
upgrade we'll find out.

What system are you running for which you would expect an exact match of
test results in the transcendental functions?

> The things is that the expected file was last changed without the input
> file changing.  This must not happen, IMNSHO.

I had carefully inspected the differences (over and over and over) and
they were all trivial last-decimal-place kinds of things afaicr.
Actually, I'm responding here like I'm the one who made the change, but
I haven't gone back to the cvs logs to confirm that.
                    - Thomas