Re: Windows 98 - getting (much) warmer - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Keith Gray
Subject Re: Windows 98 - getting (much) warmer
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
"S. L." wrote:

> >DEBUG:  database system is in production state
> >process_hba_record: invalid syntax in pg_hba.conf file
> >Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file, see postmaster log for details
> [...]
> And, and, what does it say ?!

That is what it said?? This confused me a bit...
The log file that tells you to look at itself?

> a. you played with pg_hba.conf, but in this case you would have reverted the changes and had no problems;

I think I did with the .sample file? ... does it use this to generate the new
one?

> b. the CR/LF problem: either you have winzipped or pkunzipped the tar.gz distribution you have or you have "textmode"
mountedthe place with pg_hba.conf. The CR/LF problem comes from the end-of-line character window apps use for
ascii/textfiles, that doesn't match the unix apps use.

the only non-commented lines are...

host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255     trust
host         all         192.168.0.0   255.255.255.0       trust

--
Keith Gray

Technical Development Manager
Heart Consulting Services P/L